Here is what happened after just 10 mornings of journaling what I felt grateful for...
Each day, for 10 days, I wrote down 3 things I'm grateful for. I'm sharing 15 of them with you, so you can see just how easy it is to change your perspective, and wake up on the right side of the bed.
1. The sunny view from my window - for once it's sunny in the valley!
2. BBQ Monday - our Monday night tradition continued with carne asada, guac, and fruit salad (Whole30 friendly!)
3. I'm looking forward to stopping by the new Starbucks on my way to work...a convenient feeder to my habit, or simply a convenience that simply deserves a smile? :-)
4. One of my besties came to visit me from Orange County. We had a sleepover, late start to our morning, and good vibes all day long
5. I had 8 hours of sleep last night
6. My YUMMY dinner last night at Pump (Lisa Vanderpump's restaurant!) - for the first time in a while, our order was 100% right, the service was fab, and the food was perfection
7. My morning routine
8. Walking into my high school reunion SOLO and super confident with who I've become
9. Sleeping in til 8:45 am...
10. Buying my 90-year old grandfather a Father's Day gift (and still being able to celebrate with him)
11. Splitting a $15 cold pressed Clover juice with my coworker was EVERYTHING. The Au Lait flavor tasted like Golden Grahams + whole milk (remember drinking the graham cracker milk at the end???). Worth every penny :-x
12. Yes, it's 110 degrees in LA today, but at least I have a pool and can TAN!
13. My friend/roommate and I put together our super cute new dining chairs - dining room COMPLETE!
14. Empire on Fox...this show is my guilty pleasure right now
15. Took a lunch break with my coworker at Sprouts today...healthy Whole30 shopping
After 30 days, I can say I feel more positive in the morning. My life isn't perfect, and I've certainly gone through my fair share of stress and emotional ups and downs over the last few months, but doing this first thing in the morning really helps shape the rest of my day and sets the tone for a positive start. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes: "Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change."